Anasuya Basil, NC, Dipl. ABT, CST, helps people with chronic musculo-skeletal pain, depression, and hormonal imbalances so that they experience less pain, balanced moods, and smooth menstruation, pregnancy and menopause.
She is a compassionate practitioner, seeking to connect with the essential goodness of each person, and committed to enhancing the body’s innate healing power.
Anasuya shares her wisdom culled from decades of exploring health and personal development. She studied holistic nutrition at Bauman College’s 750-hour training program and earned her California State certification as a Nutrition Consultant. Her clinical research focused on key nutrients for chronic pain. She is currently on the faculty of Bauman College.
Anasuya completed the 1,000-hour program at the Acupressure Institute in Berkeley, California, studying with Michael Gach, PhD, the founder of the school. She is a Diplomate in Asian Bodywork Therapy, certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and she uses Tui Na, Shiatsu and Acupressure in her practice.
She trained extensively in Advanced CranioSacral Therapy with the Upledger Institute, including assisting in classes taught by Dr. John Upledger, a pioneer in the field.
Anasuya studied herbal medicine with Susun Weed at the Wise Woman Center in Woodstock, New York for several years before deciding to explore a career in holistic health.
For her own personal development and self-understanding, Anasuya spent a decade living in meditation ashrams and spiritual retreat sites in Boston, New York and India.
Anasuya taught advanced classes at the Acupressure Institute in Berkeley: Women’s Health Issues, Acupressure for Menopause, and Nutrition for Pain and Depression for 8 years. She served for 5 years as a CranioSacral Therapist in the Wellness Center at the Cerebral Palsy Center in Oakland. Anasuya had a private practice in the San Francisco Bay Area from 1996-2014. She currently practices in Chico, CA since 2010, and works by phone and video conference with clients around the country.
She enjoys wildlife tracking, bird language, art and paper crafts, and deep nature connection centered at Red Dirt Farm, her home on Doe Mill Ridge, East of Chico, California.
Professional Training and Affiliations
• 1,000 certified hours, Acupressure Therapy, The Acupressure Institute, Berkeley, CA 1995-1999
• Diplomate in Asian Bodywork Therapy, National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). 2002
• 750 certified hours, Nutrition Consultant, Bauman College, Penngrove, CA 1998-2001
• Craniosacral I and II, Somato-Emotional Release I and II, Advanced CST I and II, Pediatrics, The Immune Response, The Brain Speaks, CST for Pregnancy and Labor, Clinical Applications of CST for Pregnancy and Labor, Certified Teaching Assistant. Certified at the Techniques level. The Upledger Institute, Florida. 1998-2014
• CranioSacral Therapy – Concussion Emphasis (continuing ed, 2020), Melinda Roland, MA, PT, LAc, OMD, Dipl-Ac, CST-D
• Prenatal Massage Certification, Carole Osborne-Sheets
Body Therapy Associates, San Diego, CA 2001
• Herbal medicine training with Susun Weed, The Wise Woman Center, Woodstock, New York. 1990-1994, Also with Kathy Keville, 2012.
• Member of the Association of Bodywork Therapies of Asia
• Member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals
• Member of the American CranioSacral Therapy Association
Certified Permaculture Designer, 2004. The Occidental Arts and Ecology Center.
Nature Connection, Kamana, 8 Shields and RDI, 2005-2015.
Certified Wildlife Tracker, Level 2 through Cybertracker International
Certified California Naturalist, 2018
BS: Mass Communication/Film. Emerson College, Boston, 1981.